Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Attack of the library holds

Aaaargh!! All holds that I've put in the local libraries in the past few weeks here have all come in at the same time!! Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't mean I now have to read four books (3 + 1/4 actually) in around 2 weeks, I think (and that's because someone else probably has a hold on these books and so I can't renew it!)

I also have to watch 2 DVDs but that's not too bad. Anyway here's what I need to finish:

Books:
  • The Rule of Four - Almost done with this. A quarter of the book left. Great so far.
  • Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell - Probably my first priority once I finish Rule of Four.
  • State of Fear - Michael Crichton's latest. Put this on hold 3 months back!
  • America : a citizen's guide to democracy inaction - written and edited by Jon Stewart and the Daily show gang. Promises to be funny!

DVDs:

  • American Splendor - Starring Paul Giamatti of Sideways fame. A different kind of comic book adaptation.
  • The Godfather Part II - Ashamed to say that I haven't seen this yet :(

Also borrowed this book Pagan Babies by Elmore Leonard, the guy who wrote the books on which Out of Sight, Get Shorty and Be cool are based on. That this book is going to be my last priority is not a reflection on its quality (Dumb disclaimer, I know!)

Happy reading to me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home