Thursday, July 14, 2005

The real Gary Oldman?

In the world of movies, this is the closest anyone has gotten to being truly invisible!




Clockwise from top: Gary Oldman in The Fifth Element;
The Contender; Hannibal; Harry Potter and the Prisoner
of Azkaban; Dracula; Batman Begins and Air Force One


My interest in this exceptional actor was piqued after watching his tremendously understated performance in the recent Batman Begins while happening to watch Hannibal on TV around the same time. Checking up IMDB to see who it was that played the horribly disfigured Mason Verger in the latter, I was blown away by what I found!! Never in a billion years would I have guessed! The role seemed inconsequential for an actor of his caliber but I realized that's one of the things he excels at: playing seemingly minor characters and making the role his own.

The montage above is a tribute to man who truly disappears...into his characters

1 Comments:

Blogger antickpix said...

Hello.

Gary Oldman is the man. He is one of my personal favs, and one of the few actors who make a mediocre movie (Romeo is bleeding, Sid and Nancy etc.) watchable, and it's nice to see others who seem to share my love for him (if that sounds gay, I don't care.)

varun.

PS: I stumbled across your blog, and love it, so please give me your credit card details so I can proceed to enrich your life.:)

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home