Thursday, April 07, 2005

Events on April 18, 2005

April 18th is the day I was born on way back in 1982. So, as my 23rd birthday looms near, I couldn't help but note down every other event happening that day that has come to my attention (by which I mean, I pounced on anything and anyone mentioning this date). Here's what I've come up with so far (Mark your calendars, everybody):
  • MS Thesis defense of Karthik Srinivasan, a friend of mine here in Purdue
  • Birthday of another friend of mine, Mahendra Babu, also from Purdue
  • Seminar by Dr. Robert M. McMeeking on "Simulations of Switching for Polycrystalline Ferroelectric Ceramics" from 11:00 am - 12:00 noon, also in Purdue (In case you're wondering, the secretaries in our department kindly send out an email to everybody whenever any distinguished gentleman purports to present something)
  • College of Cardinals meet in a secret conclave to elect a new Pope!! (By far, the coolest event of the day). Note that this is in the Vatican, NOT in Purdue.

More to come?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home